Center for the Arts Eagle Rock plays an essential role in our community.
The Center is here for all of us – whether you’re participating in a workshop, attending a concert, meeting artists at an exhibition, or watching your child blossom as they discover and express their own creativity in our after-school programs and art camps.
Your support of Center for the Arts Eagle Rock gives this community access to innovative arts programming right here!
Today I am asking you to continue your support of our community based organization by making a tax deductible year-end gift.
For over 14 years, we have connected visual and performing artists with the community through onsite classes, performances, and exhibitions; and create collaborative programs with nontraditional arts partners.
CFAER now reaches over 120,000 audience members each year with strong multicultural and multidisciplinary arts programming.
In the past year, Center for the Arts Eagle Rock has accomplished so much.
- We produced the 14th Annual Eagle Rock Music Festival, an evening of diverse genres of music on Colorado Blvd. which infused our local economy, builds community and generates great press for our neighborhood, businesses and residents.
- With your help, the Center received a matching grant to produce a new art performance that brought filmmaker and animator, Miwa Matreyek and laptop musician, Steve Ellison (Flying Lotus) together to collaborate and debut “The Mapping of Countries Yet to Come”.
- We expanded our afterschool programs into 14 local elementary schools as well as at the Center, offering a creative sampling that includes comic book making, ceramics, painting, printmaking, animation and organic gardening, taught by local artists/educators and innovators across artistic disciplines.
- We debuted a monthly film series that showcases new short films by contemporary filmmakers and the films that have inspired them.
- Our Mini Comic-Con brought contemporary comic book artists together for an exhibition in our new permanent gallery space as well as an interactive comic convention featuring graphic novelists and illustrators here at the Center.
- We created opportunities for over 1,000 artists to exhibit, perform at the Center and out in our community.
- Our concert series is an eclectic blend brought together with the support of our programming partners to bring contemporary musical experiences to our community.
Sustainability from different revenue resources is essential and we cannot survive solely on government and foundational support. Our programs are free or low cost. Your contribution will keep us moving forward as we continue to provide access to innovative arts.
Will you help us continue this important work with a meaningful gift today?
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of our mission to provide innovative arts programming to the communities of North East Los Angeles.
Any given day of the week there is something amazing happening here at the Center. Please join us with your support and participation.